What Exactly are Shared Hosting Solutions?
A shared hosting service appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server managed by a shared hosting company. There are different forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can choose what you want, based on whether you desire to build a website, email aliases, or to share files with friends and associates.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular firms, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are frequently supported by showing adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely inapt explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between independent sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous shared hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a great amount of pics with friends or colleagues since the solution is typically free. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your mail accounts. Some distributors offer shared hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you desire to own an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the e-mail shared hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to operate as many video clips as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to possess a site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and email accounts, upload videos, etc. At EUROLATINAMERICAhost you can take a glimpse at shared shared hosting and dedicated server packages that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared web hosting plan, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for particular content only.